1914: A.T. Spiegelhoff buys out his partner of the Burlington General Merchandise Store and becomes sole owner.
1920: Spiegelhoff’s moves to a 3,000 sq. ft. location on Chestnut St., where groceries, meat, produce, frozen foods, dairy and general merchandise are offered. Ralph and Paul Spiegelhoff, two of A.T.’s sons, work in the Chestnut St. store and eventually become partners. Ultimately Ralph’s eldest son, Tom, and Paul’s sons, Steven and David, become owners.
1976: Spiegelhoff’s moves into a larger 12,000 sq. ft. space, which allows them to offer bakery and deli selections.
1987: Spiegelhoff’s builds a new 41,000 sq. ft. store. Later, the store is expanded to 52,000 sq. ft.
1998: Spiegelhoff’s starts Courtyard Catering with the addition of their executive chef, Michael Lavin. Courtyard Catering serves all of southeastern Wisconsin and northern Illinois.
2005: Roger and Marv’s Supervalu in Kenosha is purchased by Steven and David Spiegelhoff. The store undergoes a large remodel and the name is changed to Spiegelhoff’s Supervalu, becoming the only family owned and operated store in the area at that time.
2006: By this year, Spiegelhoff’s has seven locations under three different formats. Later, several of the locations are sold back to the wholesaler, leaving the company operating Spiegelhoff’s Supervalu in Kenosha and Gooseberries Fresh Food Market in Burlington.